Thursday 14 February 2013

another valentine 2013


So while waiting on information from the winner of the girls section I got a message from Anne who seemed to be more excited about a poem than… Maybe anyone has ever been. So, being the fucking lovely person I am I quickly put this together.

 

….

 

Ode to Anne

 

Oh Anne

On this day where many smile I remain solemn

This day of valentine

We’re so far away yet have so much in common.

I’ve never practiced the art of begrudgery

But can be strongly pessimistic

Let’s scream ‘FUCK THE WORLD’ together

Sipping jamesons until we’re twisted.

See you’re an avid reader

And I’m an avid writer

You can read to me

I can write for ya

Then you can read to me

What I write for ya.

You’re a lapsed catholic so am I

Last time I went to mass I was no older than five.

You live in Indiana

I’m a fan of Indiana Jones

You admire poets

Good, because I can’t write prose.

You’re a coffee addict so am I

I’ll wake up in the morning and make it strong.

Let’s spend the day in starbucks just me and you

You can even bring your daughters along.

We can go any lace you wanna go

I’ll say nothing.

Just bask in that soft Irish tone

No comments:

Post a Comment