Friday 30 November 2012


99     Thoughts on Edinburgh

I love the place. I love the people. I have many memories, but…

That girl.

The one that I gave a flyer to, her and her friend

We seemed to get on

We seemed to have that mutual attraction

The only audience member to buy me a drink half way through my set

You sat it down on a chair near the front

Thank you.

I owe you a drink.

We were meant to have one after the gig

But some lady said she wanted to give me paid work

So I arranged to meet you shortly

Turns out she didn’t want to hire me

She wanted to get naughty

But I shunned her off to find you

Hoping we could get that drink but surely...

You were nowhere to be found.

I don’t know your name

I don’t have your number or know where you live

Maybe I’m getting it wrong and our signals were mixed but…

Well…

I guess I’ll never know

Either way, I thought this needed to be wrote

Partly as my 99th poem today

Partly as a part of hope

No comments:

Post a Comment